As a young person, you often have to make a lot of decisions in your life, including those surrounding drugs and alcohol. By coming to this site, you're taking an important first step and getting informed!
If you're looking to make that decision that alcohol and drugs are not your “thing”, here are some tips that may help you.
- Choose your friends wisely; hang with friends who make healthy decisions.
- Join a sports team or take up a hobby that you enjoy.
- Make a list of adults you can trust and talk to about alcohol and other drugs.
Looking to get involved in your community?
Doing so is a great way to be a leader among your peers in making positive decisions. It's also a great way to meet other youth!
- Assist your school or community with organizing after school activities for youth.
- Give back to the community by assisting with a cigarette bud cleanup or many other creative activities.
- Get educated on prevention of substance abuse and become a peer educator. Get involved with Students Preventing and Informing on Drugs and Alcohol (SPIDA).
Concerned about a friend or sibling?
Sometimes you may be the first person to know if a friend or sibling has a problem with drugs or alcohol and not know exactly what to do or how to help them. A great website that can help you decide what to do is: http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/help/helpafriend
http://www.abovetheinfluence.com/ This interactive website contains games, quizzes, and drug information. It also contains tips for dealing with pressure.
I was a lost man with a broken spirit when I arrived at Anuvia. Today, thanks to its wonderful staff, I am blessed with a better life. I am a grateful recovering addict named Jeff W, and I want to share with you a little bit about my recovery.A broken spirit healed ... click here for full story